History of this company dates back to the mid 90’s and is the
result of numerous single ship acquisitions
and corporate mergers.
The origins go back to the vessels owned and operated by Irgens Larsen AS, and can be traced in various forms through Kvearner Shipping AS and Swan Shipping ASA. During 2001 an intense reengineering of the company and its business strategy was put in motion. In December 2006, STAR Reefers embarked on a policy of vertical integration by deciding to form its own Ship Management Company in Poland and Star Reefers Poland was formed in January 2006 to manage the vessels. In July 2015, STAR Reefers Poland changed its name to SIEM Ship Management due to owners decision to diversify the fleet portfolio.
VISION & MISSION
We will constantly strive to implement the critical initiatives required to achieve our vision. In doing this, we will deliver operational excellence in every corner of the Company and meet or exceed our commitments to the many stakeholders we serve.
We are determined to be the best Ship Management Company. We continually earn recognition and trust from clients, stakeholders and staff through our ability to anticipate, learn and shape our future. We use our resources to develop effective solutions and services for our clients.
Strong: Providing unwavering and enduring service for the customers.
Innovative: Creative and innovative Company that can evolve to meet the customers’ needs.
Effective: Effective operation providing best value for money for the clients with no time wasted.
Modern: Handling the management of the vessels on behalf of the clients smoothly.
SIEM SHIP MANAGEMENT’S QUALITY APPROACH
The following certificates underline SIEM Ship Management’s dedication to top quality and above average standards.
- BV ISO 9001:2015 (Quality Management System)
- BV ISO 14001:2015 (Environmental Management System)
- BV ISO 45001:2018 (Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems)
- BV ISO 50001:2018 (Energy Management Systems)
- USCG Quality Shipping in the 21st Century
- USCG Qualiship E0
- EU Environmental Protection Initiatives – Clean Shipping Index – CSI
- US Environmental Protection Initiatives – Clean Cargo – CC
- SEA CARRIER INITIATIVE AGREEMENT (US Anti – Drug Abuse Act)
- BV DoC (Document of Compliance) – Republic of Liberia
- BV DoC (Document of Compliance) – Malta
- BV DoC (Document of Compliance) – The Commonwealth of the Bahamas